The Smale Expansion is the next phase to help complete the Park.
Revitalizing pavement into a beautiful event lawn with gardens, pergolas, and tree groves alongside the Andrew J. Brady Music Center, the Smale Expansion is the next step to complete Smale Riverfront Park.
SMALE EXPANSION PHASES
Phase One is completed and includes:
- Race Street Plaza and tree planters
- A grand staircase enveloped in gardens, connecting Race Street with Mehring Way
- Performance lawn with all-weather turf
- Three tree groves
- Granite on all walking surfaces and steps
- Railings, benches, drinking fountains
- Utilities and lighting
Phase Two includes
- Stone cladding on Mehring Way walls
- Donor Wall
- Twin pergolas on the Race Street Plaza, and one on the mid-level concourse
- Granite seatwalls along the performance lawn
- Eastern Overlook Garden
ABOUT SMALE RIVERFRONT PARK
The John G. & Phyllis W. Smale Riverfront Park is a 23-acre park along the banks of the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati that serves millions of visitors annually. The initial phase of the Park transformed parking lots and industrial buildings into an oasis of trees, gardens, fountains, and spectacular overlooks of the Roebling Bridge and the Ohio River.
Smale Riverfront Park generates billions in economic value to the Cincinnati region. Hamilton County estimates Smale Riverfront Park’s annual regional economic impact to be $1.2 billion, with more than 5,000 permanent jobs generated from businesses at the Banks.